[pmwiki-users] Still troubles with UTF-8 characters in WikiLinks

Radu radu at monicsoft.net
Wed Apr 20 11:24:34 CDT 2005

Hmmm... now that you mention this, I wonder how pmwiki would deal with
languages which don't have upper case glyphs. How does it do it for
Japanese sites?

I didn't reach that point in the wiki implementation, but I would need at
some point to use Cree syllabics in the page names, and Cree is one example
of a not very well-supported script without upper case glyphs.

Anyway, how do you manage to use utf-8 in URIs? Maybe I should take another
look at the RFCs which were discussed earlier this week?

At 12:02 PM 4/20/2005, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

>Oops, I was wrong.  Turns out that mb_strtoupper() didn't exist
>until PHP 4.3.0.  Your site appears to be running PHP 4.1.2.
>
>Either way, it looks like I'll have to come up with a way to
>handle UTF-8 links for sites that don't have mb_strtoupper()
>available.

Cheers,
Radu
(www.monicsoft.net)