[pmwiki-users] Incorrect URL with ?action=something

Hochstrasser Benedikt bhoc at pentagroup.ch
Tue Apr 19 18:32:21 CDT 2005

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

Of course, I did it this way so that PmWiki (and authors) don't have
to decide whether to use '&' or '?' to add a query component to
the string -- they can always use '?' and PmWiki knows how to deal
with the result.  Of course, if the webserver is broken, well...

Now then, I did check RFC 2396 (the predecessor to RFC 3986), and
although it says there that '?' is reserved within a query component
there were other items mentioned in that document that led me to
believe that an unencoded '?' is acceptable in the query string.
<<<<

Thanks, Patrick. I just thought I'd bring it up in case anyone else
wondered - maybe users search the archives before posting...
Maybe I should contribute a "basic assurance test" .php file that
checks if the php implementation works fine for pmwiki...

--
Ben