[pmwiki-users] Word wrap problem

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Apr 18 15:02:38 CDT 2005

On Mon, Apr 18, 2005 at 03:21:23PM -0400, Radu wrote:
> I was thinking along the same lines, and then I remembered that I'm using
> the white space extensively for it's original purpose (making text
> preformatted) as well as for the table-formatting macro Pm graciously coded.
>
> It may be worth it teaching people to use > in their email programs;

FWIW, anyone who is using an email client that doesn't already use
'> ' for quoted responses is unlikely to know how to do this (or care
to go to the effort of doing it).

> then a
> macro could be made to color-code the chunks of comments from each sender,
> and even to replace the stacks of '> >' with 'AuthorName:'  :)

Yes, something like this could be done, assuming there's sufficient
standardization of quoting techniques to make it happen.  :-)

Pm