[pmwiki-users] RSS Security issue

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Apr 17 10:13:53 CDT 2005

On Sun, Apr 17, 2005 at 11:04:17AM -0400, Crisses wrote:
> So, to come at this from another angle: Is there a way to omit
> Main.Blocklist from showing up on the RecentChanges page?  I realize
> there are other ways to get to it in PmWiki, but I would rather it not
> go out into the rss feeds in any case.  ;)

Sure!  In local/Main.Blocklist.php:

   $RecentChangesFmt = array();

says to not update any RecentChanges pages when Main.Blocklist is
edited.  If you want to just block Main.RecentChanges but allow
Main.AllRecentChanges, do:

   unset($RecentChangesFmt['$Group.RecentChanges']);

> (let's
> say the webservers I am running on are on the antiquated side and deal
> poorly with the large diffs.  I occasionally alphabetize the blocklist,
> which has over 1800 entries, and renew the page so diffs don't go
> nuts.)

I'll add scripts/sysdiff.php back into the distribution for beta32,
this will let you go back to running the OS-supplied version
of diff(1) (on those systems that can support it).