[pmwiki-users] Cookbook recipes and organization

Jason Counsel jason_counsel at yahoo.ca
Sat Apr 16 14:02:46 CDT 2005

--- Radu <radu at monicsoft.net> wrote:
> Check out
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/ListOfBundles

Good point Radu - I was aware of the existing bundles, but I also know
there's not many bundles listed, which is why I thought I'd bring it
up.  Perhaps I'll start working on a "school bundle" to demonstrate how
I've used it.  I had been putting some of this information on my
profile page, but perhaps bundles is the correct place.

> This could be accomplished by using the Category content feature.

I'm still trying to figure out categories and how to use them and what
they're good for.  I 'think' it's a way to 'group' pages no matter what
Group they're in.  I look at the documentation and it seems as though
it's an automatic feature - but like most features I only really get
the feel for it when the need arises!

> Anyway,
> it's up to people who maintain the recipes to make them intelligible,
> and
> up to people who use the recipes to make them accessible... It takes
> a lot
> of time to consider all the angles, and the least people who use the
> recipes could do is help others and the site as a whole by adding
> links and
> reporting on their own implementations.
>
> Within the limits of everyone's available time, of course ;)

I'd like to see everyone get behind the bundles idea.  I'd be
especially interested in talking with anyone who is running pmwiki in a
school setting to see what has worked for them.

Cheers,

Jason Counsel