[pmwiki-users] Change summary field / edit page results

Algis Kabaila akabaila at pcug.org.au
Sat Apr 16 02:57:47 CDT 2005

On Saturday 16 April 2005 16:47, pmwiki-users-request at pmichaud.com wrote:
> Message: 4
> Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 19:03:47 -0500
> From: Jonathan Scott Duff <duff at pobox.com>
> Subject: Re: [pmwiki-users] Change summary field / edit page results
> To: "Patrick R. Michaud" <pmichaud at pobox.com>
> Cc: pmwiki-users at pmichaud.com
>
> On Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 04:18:25PM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> > On Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 10:43:06PM +0200, Joachim Durchholz wrote:
> > >
> > > (Heck, PmWiki doesn't even have a "Change summary" field.)
> >
> > Actually, I'm planning to change that before the 2.0 release.
> > In fact, here's my current thinking on the edit page:
> >
> > Definite:
> >    - A change summary field
> >    - Eliminate the "Reset" button
>
> Good deal. I've never gotten used to how "Reset" interacts with
> "Preview"

You are not alone.  I could never get any useful action with the "Reset"
button and never could fathom why it is there.

> > Active consideration:
> >    - Save minor edit
> >    - Save and continue editing
> >        My only problem with the additional save buttons is getting the
> >        labels correct so that they aren't so visually misbalanced.  With
> >
> >              Save  Save minor edit  Save and continue editing
> >        the most important button ends up being the smallest, which offends
> >        my design sense somehow.
>
> How about something like this?
>
>         [Preview]  [Save]  [Finish editing]  [ ] minor edit
>
> or maybe
>
>         [Preview]  [Save]  [Save & Finish]   [ ] minor edit
Or perhaps
           [Preview]  [Save]  [Quit without Saving]   [ ] minor edit

I really missed that option.  I know, I am old and slow on the uptake, but I
really missed the option of abandoning the saving and returning to the
display of the unedited page.

--
Algis Kabaila
http://www.pcug.org.au/~akabaila