[pmwiki-users] pmwiki-2.0.beta31 released

Hans design at flutesong.net
Sat Apr 16 01:16:06 CDT 2005

Friday, April 15, 2005, 8:56:21 PM, Patrick wrote:
>   - it means the uploads/ directory no longer needs to be web accessible
>     and can be anywhere in the filesystem

What if I want secure attachments only for one group of the wiki,
which is read-password protected (say a private group), and the rest
of the wiki is for public browsing, and I want to apply
$EnableDirectDownload = 0; only to the private group (via
local/PrivateGroup.php), but want to leave the rest with the default
$EnableDirectDownload = 1; for greater efficiency?

Then I can't move the upload/ directory out of public_html/, nor can I
just add a .htaccess file which denies access into it.
Would I need to structure the uploads/ directory into subdirectories
for each group, and use an .htaccess file to deny access in the
private group subdirectory of uploads/ ?

I think the restructuring into subdirectories was possible, but I
forgot how to.

Best,
~Hans