[pmwiki-users] Maybe i'm dumb

Hans design at flutesong.net
Fri Apr 15 17:50:44 CDT 2005

Friday, April 15, 2005, 11:36:23 PM, Patrick wrote:
> This page presents an excellent opportunity for me to ask another
> question.  When writing PmWiki documentation I often think of it in
> terms of two audiences -- authors and wiki admins.  The
> PmWiki.ConditionalMarkup page, as it stands now, mixes the two audiences
> on a single by explaining how the markup works and also providing
> code that a wiki admin might use to add more conditions.
> Do these belong on separate pages, or on the same page, or ...?

It is quite a muddle. Maybe it would be good to restructure it and put
all the conditional markup useful for authors at the top, as out of
the box examples which work with the pmwiki default conditionals, then
follow that with other conditionals, their definitions and their
practical application in the pages.

Generally it is very much an admin page, and the tutorial approach is
quite nice, but it should be clearer what works without any config
definitions. I think it could all live on the same page, for now.

Best,
~Hans