[pmwiki-users] The Template Shuffle

David Spitzley dspitzle at wash.k12.mi.us
Thu Apr 14 20:16:04 CDT 2005

Ok, I'm looking to do something with templates that may not be doable,
but I thought I'd ask.  My wiki has a page called MichiganCounties,
which has one link off of it to each county in the state; the majority
of them do not currently have pages, and through PM's kind advice, I was
able to set up MichiganCounties.php so that all of the links off of that
page use CountyTemplate as the source template.  That's spiffy.

The trick now is that each County page is going to have two sets of
links: one set points to pages for municipalities in the county, while
the other set points to pages for school districts in the county.  So,
the question is, can I somehow set up the CountyTemplate page so that
the links in the municipalities section use MunicipalityTemplate and the
school districts use DistrictTemplate?  I'm inclined to think not given
how the trick in MichiganCounties.php is set up, but I figured I might
as well ask.  If it >is< doable, I'm expecting it would involve
inserting some <?php ?> code into CountyTemplate to change
$LinkPageCreateFmt midway through the page, but I don't know if that's
possible.  As always, I'll do my best to Cookbook-ify any solutions
advanced here.

David