[pmwiki-users] HomePage

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Apr 14 13:13:35 CDT 2005

On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 12:58:06PM -0500, Monty wrote:
> Pm:
>
> I notice that when n=Main, PmWiki automatically routes to HomePage.
> (This isn't documented anywhere I can find besides the source.)

The behavior is controlled by the $PagePathFmt variable.  I thought
it was documented already but apparently it's not.  Essentially,
$PagePathFmt says how to take a word and convert it into a full
pagename.  The default is to look for $Group.Word (word in the current
group), Word.Word, and Word.HomePage.  So, given a name like "Main",
PmWiki looks for Main in the current group, Main.Main, and Main.HomePage.

> [...]
> This is similar to suppressing the "index.html" and just showing the
> directory name in a link for example http://localhost/about/index.html
> is more eloquently shortened to http://localhost/about/ where the
> software knows the default HomePage is index.html.
>
> What is best practice to accomplish this desire?

In config.php:

   $DefaultPage = "$DefaultGroup.$DefaultName";
   if (!$pagename) $pagename = $DefaultPage;
   $p = MakePageName($DefaultPage, $pagename);
   if ($p && PageExists($p)) $pagename = $p;