[pmwiki-users] How to search using a markup function.

John Feezell JohnFeezell at 3wplace.com
Wed Apr 13 17:03:46 CDT 2005

Looking for suggestions and guidance on the following:

Here's what I'd like to be able to achieve.
1.  A user sets a search string via a custom markup - now working.
2. The function that handles the markup grabs the search string (now
working) and passes it to PmWiki to process the "search".
3. PmWiki return the list of the "found" pages via a variable to the
markup function.
4. The markup function continues processing the markup using the
variable returned by PmWiki.

I've looked at the (:searchbox::) markup, etc but it was unclear to me
know the "search" was processed.  I believe that the variable I'd like
to access is the resulting $MatchList variable.

The central idea is to process and working with a "search" that is
started and mananged by the markup function rather than the user.  The
user simply specifies the "search string" via the markup.

Thanks.

/JF