[pmwiki-users] (:noteblock:) problem

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Apr 13 00:34:42 CDT 2005

On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 08:22:34PM -0700, Eric Appleton wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm hoping to get some help with a problem with the
> (:noteblock:) command. No one responded last time I
> send it out. Does this mean that everyone is stumped
> or does it mean that my question is inappropriate for
> this list?

No, your question is very appropriate for the list -- I just
suspect most people are stumped.

The HTML being produced by (:noteblock:) on your site is
badly broken with incorrectly placed <p> and </p> tags, and
that's probably what is causing IE so much trouble.  I know
that IE does have problems with floats and unclosed/mismatched
paragraph tags.

I looked briefly at the (:noteblock:) code but it looks a bit
too involved for me to debug at the moment.  I suspect a well-placed
call to Keep(...) might resolve the problem.