[pmwiki-users] How to clear the passwd for uploads?

cyclops cyclops64 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 12:53:11 CDT 2005

I installed the pmwiki latest version.

And know I have problem with the upload.

Whenever I tried to upload, it asked for a passwd.

in my local/config.php

I put:

$DefaultPasswords['upload'] = crypt('');

And if I goto the link:
http://www.mysite.com/internal/pmwiki.php?n=Documents.GroupAttributes?action=attr

I can set the attributes for group "Documents".

If for the upload password, I put a password like "google",  then I
can use this passwd to proceed for uploads.

But I want to clean the passwd (I mean do not require passwd for
upload),  then I follow the instruction, put "clear" in the text box
of "Set new upload password".

After this, If I tried
http://www.mysite.com/internal/pmwiki.php?n=Documents.HomePage?action=upload,

I was asked a passwd, and even then "clear" is not the working passwd.

Please give me some help on how to really clean the passwd for "upload"?

Thanks.