[pmwiki-users] new feature suggestion

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Apr 10 16:26:28 CDT 2005

On Sun, Apr 10, 2005 at 02:32:48PM -0400, zgrauer at earthlink.net wrote:
> I thing the two related things could enhance the pmwiki user experience.
>
> 1. A place in the page creation process that would allow metadata entry (i.e. describing the page in addition to the name change). I do not think the capability is there at this time, beyond maybe adding it manually. And I am actually not sure this can be manually edited, even by editing the file with vi, joe, etc.

See http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/ChangeSummary . This is likely
to become integrated as a standard part of PmWiki.

> 2. A link to a page that will list all the groups, and when clicking on a group, list all the pages in that group, (the ability to block some pages from display will be nice). either display the page names, or the page name and metadata description.

To list all of the groups, do

   (:pagelist fmt=group:)

in any wiki page.  To list all of the pages in a group, use

   (:pagelist group={$Group}:)

To list all of the pages in a site, use

   (:pagelist:)

There are lots of other ways to format lists of pages (and metadata
about them), they just aren't well documented yet.