[pmwiki-users] changing DNS -- any tips? (take 2)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Apr 10 16:24:29 CDT 2005

On Sun, Apr 10, 2005 at 05:12:19PM -0400, Constantin Basturea wrote:
>    Hi everybody
>
>    I'm running a private (password protected) pmwiki-1.0.13 (with userauth
>    enabled), and I have to change the DNS for the domain where the wiki is
>    hosted.
>    Will just changing the DNS and uploading all the files for the current
>    installation to the new servers do the trick? Or is there anything else I
>    should do?

Just changing the dns and uploading the files should work, mostly.
Since you're still running pmwiki-1.0 there may be some slight file
permissions that you'll need to change.

After transferring the files across, be sure to check the permissions
of wiki.d/, and remove and wiki.d/.flock file if one exists.