[pmwiki-users] Feature request: Action lists in skins

Hans design at flutesong.net
Thu Apr 7 11:21:30 CDT 2005

Thursday, April 7, 2005, 4:12:38 PM, Joachim wrote:
 >> And as a group wiki admins are far less comfortable with PHP than
>> with HTML/CSS.  By moving the action list out of the skin and
>> into a structured PHP array, we're moving farther away from the world
>> that most wiki admins live in (HTML), and we're removing control of the
>> output from the audience that needs and demands it most.

> Do they indeed need that control?

>From feedback received about GeminiTwo and FixFlow skins there are
indeed admins who value this control highly, and want easy
configuration options for action links.

> What frustrates me isn't that nobody seems to agree with it instantly.
> The situation is that I'm exploring a quite lonely part of design space,
> and instead of helping me find a way to better places from where I am,
> everybody insists on restarting from someplace entirely different.
> That's frustrating for me and ineffective for both sides of the exchange.

I am sorry I seem to have sidetracked the issue by bringing attention
to define the action links in wiki pages. I did not mean to insist
that this is the "right" or "best" approach or that you should abandon
your approach. I found the whole discussion very fruitful because it
opened up many new ideas.

Best wishes,
~Hans