[pmwiki-users] cleanest browser entry?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Apr 6 21:31:44 CDT 2005

On Wed, Apr 06, 2005 at 06:08:18PM -0700, John W Morris wrote:
>    What is the cleanest way to bring a browser user into a Wiki Farm without
>    making them type something like:
>    www.somedomain.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php
>
>    best case the user would simply type domainname.com and they are in the
>    wiki.
>
>    A link off a main index.html page would work but seems sloppy.  Always
>    hated the "click to enter" thing.

One can look at url rewriting or aliasing to get rid of the
pmwiki/pmwiki.php entirely, but an easy mechanism (that I use on
pmwiki.org) is to place an index.php file in the document root:

    <?php
      header("Location: http://www.somedomain.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php");
    ?>

Someone browsing to somedomain.com is then automatically forwarded
to the pmwiki.php page.