[pmwiki-users] gnumeric uploads

Ciaran ciaranj at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 11:16:20 CDT 2005

On Apr 6, 2005 4:52 PM, Russ Fink <russfink at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there a known application extension for Gnumeric spreadsheets?
>
> Also, I think I need to edit scripts/uploads.php and add a new line in for
> Gnumeric.  In general, how does one go about adding new types to the system?
>   I'm using pmwiki-2.0.beta26.
>
> Going forward, is there a general way to add a ".bin" extension for generic
> binary data that would force the browser to try and save it when the user
> clicks on the uploaded file?
>
> Thanks,
> Russ

Unless I misunderstood your question (which is of course quite
possible) you should be able to add in your extension quite simply,
take a look at the page
:http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/UploadsAdmin  paying particular
attention to the section header 'Adding new filetypes to permitted
uploads'

With regards tot he browser behaviour, that will be client-system
configured, the behaviour is usually based on a combination of the
file extension and the mime-type, but unfortunately I don't know
enough about Linux to comment effectively, sorry :)
- Ciaran