[pmwiki-users] PmWiki groupe

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Apr 5 14:11:14 CDT 2005

On Tue, Apr 05, 2005 at 02:59:36PM -0400, Neil Herber wrote:
> At 2005-04-05  02:45 PM -0400, Radu is rumored to have said:
> >To do so, you'd place the files for that group in wikilib.d
> >
> >At 02:14 PM 4/5/2005, EuGeNe wrote:
> >
> >>I would like to know if it is possible to create a farm level group that
> >>would be common to all fields, kind of what the PmWiki/ groupe does.
>
> If I understand wikilib.d operation properly, then this solution provides a
> common set of default pages for groups that share a common name in
> different fields.
>
> However, if someone edits page1 in  commongroup1 in field1, it will be the
> only field showing that edited content because it will now have a local
> version of the page in the field's wiki.d directory. The other fields will
> still be seeing the common page in wikilib.d.

This is correct.  I'm not certain of a good mechanism to have a
group that is read+write shared among all of the fields in a farm.

In addition to the stuff in my previous post, one could perhaps achieve
this with something like (still in farmconfig.php):

    $group = FmtPageName('$Group', $pagename);
    if ($action == 'edit' && $group == 'Shared')
      $WikiDir = new PageStore('/path/to/shared.d/$FullName');

This would ensure that any edits for pages in the Shared group
would all appear in the farm-shared directory.