[pmwiki-users] Re: Can any one help me

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Apr 4 10:07:10 CDT 2005

On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 09:16:53AM +0200, Joachim Durchholz wrote:
> It really seems that the only reliable environment variable is
> REQUEST_URI. *sigh*
> And even that may be unreliable on some rotten server.

Notably, REQUEST_URI doesn't exist on IIS.

> IOW the selection of environment variables in use determines the set of
> servers that PmWiki can run on.

I have yet to find a server that PmWiki cannot run on; the
question is generally one of "does PmWiki run on server XYZ
'out of the box'"?  For some servers the admin has to
explicitly set $ScriptUrl and $PubDirUrl before things
will work, but once those are set then everything works
fine.