[pmwiki-users] Query on status of PITS 00045 - Comments

David Spitzley dspitzle at wash.k12.mi.us
Fri Apr 1 11:49:35 CST 2005

I was wondering what might be in the works on the Comments entry in PITS
( http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PITS/00045 ).  I'm reasonably happy with
one of the two Cookbook solutions at the moment, but I'd like to know
what the current design goals were for "core" comment functionality.
Right now I'm not sure, for example, how the comments solutions in the
Cookbook interact with restricted edit permissions for a page, and I'm
assuming that any official Comments feature will integrate with the
permissions on some level (perhaps by adding
$DefaultPasswords['comments']).  Anyway, any information about where
things are heading would be appreciated.

David