[Pmwiki-users] How do I activate $StopWatch

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Tue Sep 28 23:05:51 CDT 2004

On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 11:51:05AM -0500, John Feezell wrote:
> I'm running devel8 at
>
> http://www.3wplace.com/PmWiki-MS/pmwiki-2.0.devel/pmwiki.php/Main/HomePage
>
> and would like to activate $StopWatch
> to check timings on FTS under PmWiki2.

AFAICT, the current $StopWatch code only runs under Unix systems,
because it uses the getrusage() call.  I'm thinking of coming up with
a version to support non-Unix platforms as well, although the timings
may end up with different meanings.

> I have added the following to the pmwiki.tmpl file:
>
> What else is needed in the way of additional code,
> setting a switch, etc.?

I think you have to also set $EnableDiag=1; -- it registers the $StopWatch
variable.