[Pmwiki-users] Re: Installation of PmWiki in safe mode documentation

Stefan Haslinger stefan.haslinger
Fri Sep 24 14:46:22 CDT 2004

Patrick R. Michaud schrieb:

>On Fri, Sep 24, 2004 at 02:03:19PM +0200, chr at home.se wrote:
>

>>What about invoking 'chown' with the recursive option?
>>	cd wikiDir; chown --recursive owner:group .
>>only works for *nix of course. But 'chown' has some other neat options,
>>e.g. so that it only changes ownership of files that are owned by a
>>specific user.
>>

>Yes, but most modern versions of chown(1) also prevent a user from
>changing file ownerships to userids outside of the group ownership
>(and the web execution account is rarely in the user's group).  So
>this tends to only work for people with superuser access.
>
>Pm

In my case, I have no shell access at all. And safe mode on
prevents me from executing any shell commands. I have
only available the php built-in chmod, which has no
-recursive option.

Bye,
Stefan

--
Mag. Stefan Haslinger: Systemadministration
Kuffner-Sternwarte: Johann-Staud-Str.10, 1160 Wien
Tel.: 0664 503 4096, Email: stefan.haslinger at planetarium-wien.at
Web: http://stefan.haslinger.at.tf/