[Pmwiki-users] section edits

Thomas -Balu- Walter list+pmwiki-users
Wed Sep 22 16:32:38 CDT 2004

On Tue, Sep 21, 2004 at 11:56:29AM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> I'm finally getting around to looking at the possibility of providing
> "section edits" -- where an author can request to edit just one section
> of a page rather than having to edit (and scroll through) the entire
> markup text of a page.  This should be really useful for very long
> pages that have lots of sections in them.
>
> My question then becomes -- what should denote a "section"?
> My initial thought is that any heading (down to some level) automatically
> defines a section of editable text, but I'm curious to know if people have
> other ideas.
>
> After gathering feedback, I'll see about implementing this in PmWiki 2.

Not sure if I am too late for this, but IIRC I suggested this feature a
while ago :).

I'd like to have the sections split by headings, but should we split the
sections by heading level or just by headings?

by  level headings
!a   S1    S1
a    S1    S1
a    S1    S1
!!b  S1/2  S2
b    S1/2  S2
!c   S3    S3
c    S3    S3

An additional divider would only work for the "headings only" way or we
need to add a "leveled divider" too.

How do other Wikis handle this?

     Balu