[Pmwiki-users] Re: PmWiki 1.0.10 released

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Wed Sep 22 07:35:47 CDT 2004

On Wed, Sep 22, 2004 at 12:42:33PM +0200, chr at home.se wrote:

> Is there a way to force a reload from the browser? Perhaps by giving some
> extra argument in the URI, e.g. 'force-reload=true'? I think this would be
> convenient when testing your site, rather than having to go into the
> configurations and disable caching globally.

Most browsers allow you to force a reload by holding down the shift key
while pressing reload.

?force-reload=true can be done as a local configuration:

   $EnableIMSCaching = 1;
   if (@$_REQUEST['force_reload']) $EnableIMSCaching=0;

or even

   $EnableIMSCaching = !@$_REQUEST['force_reload'];

The problem is remembering to type ?force-reload=true at the end of each
URL (especially when following links).