[Pmwiki-users] Re: Re: notifications

John Rankin john.rankin
Mon Sep 20 15:59:27 CDT 2004

On Tuesday, 21 September 2004 9:36 AM, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
>On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 11:20:25PM +0200, chr at home.se wrote:
>> On 16 Sep 2004, John Rankin wrote:
>>
>> > Is that sort of what you want to do? If so, I can add it
>> > to the Cookbook.
>>
>> Nice! I think this sounds like a very clever idea, so please add it and
>> then I'll give it a test. First I thought the page belonged in
>> 'Profiles/', but I couldn't come up with a reasonable name -- a subpage
>> 	Profiles/Christian/Notify
>
>How about  Profiles/Christian-Notify ?  And one can always just create
>a separate WikiGroup to hold notifications (i.e., Notify/Christian).
>Best would be if the Cookbook module allows the target page(s) to be
>parameterized.

At the moment, since it was written before Profiles group existed, it
puts all notify pages into a Notify group. The name of the group is
configurable. A separate group works well for more keyword-style
requirements; making it part of Profiles works better for personal
notices.

I'll release it 'as is' first, but will see about having it use
Profiles as a configuration setting.

>I'll be happy to write up an "official" module for PmWiki 2 to do this
>(whether it lives in the Cookbook or as part of the
>distribution).

I was planning to convert it to PmWiki 2, which I hope should be
easier than some of the other scripts...

--
JR