[Pmwiki-users] Re: Working with files -- Experience using PmWiki

chr@home.se chr
Mon Sep 20 15:40:33 CDT 2004

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> Balu is right, in that one can create a form that provides multiple
> blanks for people to specify files to be uploaded.  But the current
> state of browsers doesn't allow a single file upload field to handle
> multiple file uploads.
>
> One possibility would be to have an author enter multiple Attach:
> lines in the text, and then ?action=upload provides a separate
> file upload field for each unresolved Attach:? link.  This works somewhat,
> but is probably not how most authors think (usually they want to be able
> to attach the file when they come to the appropriate point in the text,
> and not in a batch at the end of the page).

There is a special case when I do want to upload two files: when I'm
working with a drawing that has a source file and an image file. Then it'd
be nice with a special solution that makes it easy for the user to upload
*this* particular pair of files. I.e. when you press the link you get a
form that already have the (target) file names filled out for you.

I've been away awhile from the PmWiki development, or at least I'm kind of
lost about this PITS (what does it stand for)... should I add the above as
a suggestion there?

/Christian

--
Christian Ridderstr?m, +46-8-768 39 44               http://www.md.kth.se/~chr