[Pmwiki-users] two newbe questions

John Rankin john.rankin
Thu Sep 16 16:31:15 CDT 2004

On Friday, 17 September 2004 3:16 AM, nexyufuli evo <noskule at gmx.net> wrote:
>Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>
>>On Thu, Sep 16, 2004 at 04:08:53PM +0200, nexyufuli evo wrote:
>>

>>>hi list
>>>I'm doing my first steps with pmwiki and i like it very much., I just
>>>cant figure out two things.
>>>
>>>I did read about the groupheader and footer, but i cant find out what i
>>>have to do to change it. Is the header/footer a separate file like the
>>>""groupname.php in the localdirectory, ore how i have to change it?
>>>Would be very nice if somone could point me in the right direction.
>>>

>>GroupHeader and GroupFooter are wiki pages -- you edit them just like
>>any other wiki page.  Each WikiGroup can have its own GroupHeader and
>>GroupFooter pages.
>>

>That means i make a wikipage with the name GroupName.Footer ore
>GroupName.GroupFooter . ...i did try this in wiki.d but it was
>not working.

The easiest way to create a GroupHeader page is as follows:

- suppose you are on page XYZ.HomePage (XYZ is the name of the group)

- in the browser's address bar, change HomePage to GroupHeader
  and press Return

- you should see a page that says 'Describe GroupHeader? here.'

- click the question mark after GroupHeader, edit the contents and
  press Save

- that's it; you are done

--
JR