[Pmwiki-users] Typesetting math -- experience using PmWiki

chr@home.se chr
Tue Sep 14 12:24:31 CDT 2004

Math is ''really'' useful in my work when we discuss and explain things,
so not having it is a great handicap.

I've been using syntax like [@__subscript@] and [@^^superscript^^@] quite
a bit, but better capabilities for writing simple equations would be
greatly appreciated. As it is, I spend too much time trying to create them
using workarounds.

This is probably a general problem with HTML, but when doing technical
stuff you really need something. (Would be needed when writing emails as
well for that matter).

Patrick told me:

> MimeTex continues to get updated; indeed, John Forkosh has been updating
> his package so that it incorporates the caching directly and
> (supposedly) integrates easier with PmWiki.

I've forgotten the status of this, but maybe I should look into it more.
Do people have other comments on this topic? Are there stuff that's
similar to math that also needs something that allows you to easily add it
to a web page?

/Christian

--
Christian Ridderstr?m, +46-8-768 39 44               http://www.md.kth.se/~chr