[Pmwiki-users] image upload

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Fri Sep 10 07:01:23 CDT 2004

On Fri, Sep 10, 2004 at 01:27:06PM +0200, Georg Seifert wrote:
> hello
>
> I?m very short using pmwiki but I like it very much.
>
> I like to set up a page for people that aren?t so used to computer. So
> my question: Is ti somehow possible to simplify the process of
> uploading images? I thought about having an upload button in the edit
> page. You can choose a file, upload it and the "Attach:filename.xxx" is
> automatically set at the current cursor position?

Unfortunately some browsers don't support the notion of "current
cursor position", so it's tough to insert any form of text at the
current position.  And, getting the information about "what file was
just uploaded (in another browser window)" to the browser window with
the edit form is definitely tricky.

> I would have made it myself but my PHP knowledge...

It's not a PHP problem as much as it is a JavaScript and browser problem.
But if you see any other systems that are doing this, let me know and
I'll see if I can reverse engineer something.