[Pmwiki-users] Re: Installation of Pmwiki 2.0.devel4

Knut Alboldt mailing
Fri Sep 10 05:38:43 CDT 2004

At 12:54 10.09.2004, you wrote:
>On Fri, 10 Sep 2004, Knut Alboldt wrote:
>
> > 2. Is it helpful to  document the test-installation steps on the
> > pmwiki2-site ?
>
>Sounds very useful to me.

any suggestions where ? group / pagename-naming conventions ?

> > 3. what about a "visual map" of the callings starting from pmwiki.php to
> > local configurations / customizations with / without farms ? would this be
> > useful ? If I should create one, which format (so that's editable by
> > everyone - svg ?)
>
>If you are talking about how different functions/modules invoke each
>other, wouldn't it work using something like:
>
>  pmwiki.php
>    |-- some-function
>    |   '-- some-other-function
>    |-- local/config.php
>    '-- scripts/something

yes, I think that would be enough for this, so it could be easily embedded
as typewriter-text in a wiki-page
Just as an overview, not as a complete function calling reference

> > (btw: I think that's what's I'm missing: a "pmwiki-builtin-feature" to
> > edit and display graphics ... just for the time when it's getting
> > boring, cause all errors of pmwiki are corrected ;-)  may be I'll look
> > for a java-applet as a plugin ... )
>
>Yeah.. I also would really like some simple graphics functionality -- I've
>seen that in some wiki IIRC.

can you remember where ?

>It should be a plugin though... (so people go
>somewhere else when they request additional functionality :)
>
>/Christian

Knut

(nice weekend ! will be back on monday - I'll thing a have to go sailing a
bit ....)