[Pmwiki-users] PmWiki2 skin requirements (was PmWiki 2.0.devel2 released)

Knut Alboldt mailing
Thu Sep 2 01:34:12 CDT 2004

At 03:14 02.09.2004, Pm wrote:
>On Tue, Aug 31, 2004 at 11:22:07AM -0400, Bronwyn Boltwood wrote:
> > On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 09:02:49 -0600, Patrick R. Michaud
> > >I'm also looking for a new "default skin" to use for PmWiki 2.0 -- if
> > >anyone is interested in developing a new skin, you can contribute it to
> > >http://www.pmwiki.org/pmwiki2/pmwiki.php/Development/Skin .
> >
> > I'm interested in doing one, but I'm doing some user requirements
> analysis
> > before starting development. :)
> >
> > -What browsers are people are using?  Anything old like Netscape 4 that
> > can't handle CSS2?
>
>I think it's safe to largely discount Netscape 4, but a significant
>percentage of people are still using IE5 and other browsers in its
>"generation" so you need to consider that.

yes, e.g. schools /kindergarden with older hardware that can only run
win98se (like our baseschool) (schools can get it for free). If they dont
switch over to firefox, they will use MSIE 4 (in the base installation of
win98se) or better install additional MSIE 5.0 or MSIE 5.5 Sp1 (sp2 is hard
to get). MSIE 6 will eat up to many ressources on win98se
so I suggest at least supporting MSIE 5.0.

Knut