RSS was: [Pmwiki-users] Pushing towards a 2.0 release

Knut Alboldt pmwiki
Fri Oct 29 17:13:29 CDT 2004

At 20:57 29.10.2004, you wrote:
>On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 12:46:33 -0600, Patrick R. Michaud
><pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> > Today I found myself asking the question "What's left to be done before
> > the 2.0 official release?"  There's still a fair bit to be done, but having
> > a clear checklist would make things much easier.
>
>Something missing, as far as I know, from pmwiki2 is support for
>feeds. I don't really care what format (RSS/Atom) they are; if
>necessary I can sign up for Feedburner. I want them because:
>- they let me notify my readers of updates, without having to be
>intrusive or collect email addresses.
>- I use them to track changes to my wiki, such as questions or
>vandalism, without cluttering up my inbox.

could you give some more information about that topic (might be off topic
pmwiki ?). I've heard of rss, but don't really know how this could be used
for the jobs you described above. Is it already built into v1 ?

Knut