[Pmwiki-users] Pushing towards a 2.0 release

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Thu Oct 28 12:46:39 CDT 2004

Today I found myself asking the question "What's left to be done before
the 2.0 official release?"  There's still a fair bit to be done, but having
a clear checklist would make things much easier.

So, today I went through the list of open PITS entries and marked with
"ToDo" all of the entries that I think need to be completed before we
can have a 2.0 release.  I also added new entries for those things that
need to be completed but weren't previously listed.  The list is available
at http://www.pmwiki.org/pmwiki2/pmwiki.php/PITS/ToDo .

This message is an open invitation to everyone to
1.  Identify any other items or issues that I may have overlooked that
    need to be addressed before an official 2.0 release
2.  Add priority votes or comments to issues on the ToDo list --
    especially comments/opinions about how things should be resolved
3.  Help fill in some of the ToDo items
    - filling in missing documentation
    - suggesting improvements/changes to documentations
    - finding holes in the distribution (missing pages, files)

For now I'm planning to focus my efforts on clearing off the ToDo list
and getting to a 2.0 release.  At the moment I've left some high-priority
features (e.g., blogging support, user-based authorization) off of the
ToDo list, but we can put them on the critical path to a 2.0 release if
we want.  The question is whether we want to hold up a 2.0.0 release
for the completion of these additional features, or if we should
go ahead and start making 2.0 official releases soon and adding these
features as 2.0.x upgrades.

Your comments and opinions on this are greatly welcomed.