[Pmwiki-users] Re: Categories instead of hierarchies?

John Rankin john.rankin
Wed Oct 27 15:32:19 CDT 2004

On Wednesday, 27 October 2004 8:34 PM, chr at home.se wrote:

>I think [[...]] should be a link, but I want to be able to mark a page as
>belonging to category without creating a link. Using %Comment%[[!XYZ]]%%
>seems nonintuitive for that purpose. But how about this:
>
>  (:!XYZ:)	- Mark page as belonging to XYZ

   how should this be rendered?

>  [[!XYZ]]	- Mark page as belonging to XYZ and link to category
>page
>
>Then I'd also like some markup which creates a link to all the categories
>the current page belongs to...

Can you explain this?? How is this different from [[!XYZ]] [[!ABC]]?

I guess I am unclear what problem you are trying to solve.

As I understand it, you want 4 options:

a. a link that doesn't mark a page as being in a category
      Category.SomeSubject

b. a link that marks a page as being in a category
      [[!SomeSubject]]

c. a reference to a category that isn't a link
      `Category.SomeSubject or [=...=] or [@...@]

d. a reference that marks a page as being in a category
   but isn't a link
      (:!SomeSubject:) proposed

Can we just use [=!SomeSubject=] or [@!SomeSubject@]?

What problem is (d) intended to solve, ie why do you want to do
this and why does it need a new markup?

--
JR