[Pmwiki-users] skins

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Tue Oct 26 07:20:13 CDT 2004

On Tue, Oct 26, 2004 at 09:10:45PM +1000, Nathan Jones wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 25, 2004 at 07:06:12AM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>
> I'd love to see local.css, $Group.css and $Group.$Name.css stay, but it
> doesn't really matter whether they are in pub/css or pub/skins/blah.

They'll stay, I just haven't decided where the files go.  It may include
them from both pub/skins/blah and pub/css.

> They only approach I can think of feels clumsy:
> - Put the files that are currently in pub/skins/pmwiki/ somewhere else,
>   like wikilib.d/ or scripts/ (yeah, I know - they don't feel right).
> - When PmWiki runs, have it check to see if they exist in
>   pub/skins/pmwiki/
> - If they don't, copy them there.
> Problems include the overhead of checking file existence, thought I guess
> this only needs to be checked if the pmwiki skin is in use.

Worse, the copy of the skins would have the wrong ownerships, and
pub/skins/pmwiki/ would have to be writable by the webserver.

> BTW, is there still a $PageTemplateFmt in devel16? If so, how does it
> work? Set to pub/skins/$PageSkinFmt/screen.tmpl? Can be overridden in
> config.php?

There's still a $PageTemplateFmt in devel16--it works exactly as before.
It overrides any $PageSkinFmt setting.

However, there's a strong likelihood that $PageTemplateFmt and/or
$PageSkinFmt will change somewhat before this is all done.