[Pmwiki-users] Categories instead of hierarchies?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Mon Oct 25 11:19:51 CDT 2004

On Wed, Oct 20, 2004 at 05:14:52PM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 21, 2004 at 11:07:38AM +1300, John Rankin wrote:
> > On Thursday, 21 October 2004 9:50 AM, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> > >    (:pagelist Category.XXX:)
> >
> > Ah. I think in my last post on this same concept, I wrote
> > 'searchresults' and I might have meant 'pagelist'.
>
> They are, in fact, the same.  The only difference is the default
> format that is used on output -- (:searchresults:) uses 'fmt=search'
> while (:pagelist:) uses 'fmt=group'.

Actually, I realized later that I got this wrong.  They are the same --
the real difference is that (:searchresults:) produces output with the
"Searching for XXX ...  Found nn pages out of mm searched" text, while
(:pagelist:) just outputs the results.  Both of them use 'fmt=bygroup',
which displays the pages by group.