[Pmwiki-users] RE: conclusion on catagories ?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Mon Oct 25 10:32:06 CDT 2004

On Mon, Oct 25, 2004 at 12:14:42PM -0400, Stefan Candea wrote:
> As crazy as this may sound, please consider the following and tell me if
> you can find a technical possibility to achieve this with what we have and
> what we have discussed so far on the *Category* and *Hierarchy* topics.

> The Objective would be to:  Wikify all emails for 1 mailbox, categorize
> them and explore them by From, Subject and Date starting with From,
> Subject or Date category/group
>
> Steps:
> - have POP3toWiki or Mbx2Wiki, etc, script run and create text files to be
> saved in a wiki
> - have html's and attachments saved as, well ..., wiki attachments :)
> - have the messages categorized and all category links added automatically
> to pages
> - use wiki (email group) search or browse by category (starting with any
> of the categories from/subject/date at the top)

Of all of the steps you have listed, all but the third step have been
done in some form or fashion with PmWiki.  Automatically categorizing
the messages is a lot tougher than manually categorizing them, unless
you have a fairly good set of "if the message contains ABC it's in
category DEF" rules.