[Pmwiki-users] Re: Why heirarchy?

John Rankin john.rankin
Sun Oct 24 18:41:48 CDT 2004

On Friday, 22 October 2004 10:58 AM, chr at home.se wrote:
>On 22 Oct 2004, John Rankin wrote:
>
>> problem. In part anyway. 'Sub-page markup.'
>>
>> Suppose I'm on the page RecSoccerBoysU8.TeamA and I write [[_Schedule]]
>> (using the _ as an illustration) or [[_TeamNews]].
>>
>> PmWiki interprets this as a reference to
>[[RecSoccerBoysU8.TeamA_Schedule]]
>
>Isn't this equivalent to writing [[ThisPage:_Schedule]]?

No, it's not.

Consider the following page structure (names shortened):

  BoysU8.TeamA
    BoysU8.TeamA_Schedule
    BoysU8.TeamA_TeamNews

The key point about subpages is that [[_TeamNews]] always
refers to the same page. Thus on BoysU8.TeamA, writing
[[_TeamNews]] takes us to BoysU8.TeamA_TeamNews. Writing
[[_TeamNews]] on the page BoysU8.TeamA_Schedule *also*
takes us to BoysU8.TeamA_TeamNews and *not* to
BoysU8.TeamA_Schedule_TeamNews

--
JR