[Pmwiki-users] Re: Categories instead of hierarchies?

Knut Alboldt mailing
Wed Oct 20 11:34:52 CDT 2004

At 00:29 20.10.2004, you wrote:
> > I wonder if the ability to assign pages to categories would be another
> > way of approaching the problem of how to organise pages in a flexible
> > way. It seems to me that recategorising is perhaps simpler than
> > restructuring.
> >
> > In the above example, we put all the pages in the Linux group, and we
> > assign some of them to a SoundCard category.
> >
> > We might seek guidance from how libraries organise their online
> > public access catalogues. As I understand it, the hierarchy lies in
> > the categories, not the books themselves. And a book can belong to
> > multiple categories of course.
> >
> > If anybody thinks this is worth exploring, I'm happy to write up a
> > page on how it might work.
> >
> > --
> > JR
> > --
> > John Rankin
> >

>It could be, please go right ahead!

yes, that' a very interesting point of view. I often had this problem:
bookmarks, mails etc. Often you can't put it only to one category
(=directory-structure), so the multiple view would be much more interesting
(at least for me).

Knut