[Pmwiki-users] moving pmwiki to new server

Edward Chadwick edward.chadwick
Mon Oct 18 21:06:09 CDT 2004

I'm trying to move an existing PmWiki installation to a new server, on
which I don't have root access, and which doesn't allow setting gid
permissions. In the new location, the directories have the wrong owner
(ie. me instead of the server id, nobody).

I've managed to recreate the wiki.d directory by moving wiki.d to
oldwiki.d, and then letting the webserver copy that directory, as
such:

  <?php
        mkdir("wiki.d");
        umask(002);
        system("/bin/cp oldwiki.d/* wiki.d");
  ?>

Unfortunately, this didn't work for the uploads directory, and I now
get the error message

  Cannot create ~/public_html/pmwiki/uploads
  Current directory is /home/myusername/public_html/pmwiki

even though the uploads directory exists and has user and group 'nobody'.

What should I do?

Thanks in advance.

Ed Chadwick.

--