[Pmwiki-users] Re: Re: can pmwiki handle hierarchical content?

chr@home.se chr
Mon Oct 18 13:55:48 CDT 2004

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> > * To link to Linux.Hardware.SoundCards we would have to use
> > [[Hardware/SoundCards]] (i.e. in current context/group subgroup Hardware,
> > page SoundCards) and this, even if our current page is called "Hardware"
>
> This is likely to annoy authors, that moving from Hardware to any of
> its subpages requires that 'Hardware' be repeated in each link.  Especially
> if the page's name is on the longish side.  There needs to be a shortcut.

Well, [[./SoundCards]] would seem natural to me, although I prefer a page
tree as the basic data structure, with groups "outside" that.

> How does someone link from Linux.Hardware to Hardware.PowerTools?
> We can't use [[Hardware/PowerTools]] because that would result in
> Linux.Hardware.PowerTools.

I'm getting confused, is this the imaginary group/page tree you're
thinking of:

  /-- Linux/			<- group?
  |   |-- Hardware		<- page
  |   |   '-- SoundCards