[Pmwiki-users] Re: Re: can pmwiki handle hierarchical content?

chr@home.se chr
Mon Oct 18 13:46:32 CDT 2004

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> Let's suppose that I'm in the page Linux.Hardware.  Now I want to
> link to the page Linux.Hardware.SoundCards.  What markup do I use to do this?
> [[SoundCards]] won't work, because that would be Linux.SoundCards (i.e.,
> "[[A]] should refer only to pages within the group").

Assuming that we define the current "group" as the current page and its
sibling pages.

If we define the group as comprised by the current page and its child
pages, we get a similar problem: [[SoundCards]] from Linux.Hardware would
refer to Linux.Hardware.SoundCards instead of Linux.SoundCards.

And defining a group as comprised by the current page, sibling pages *and*
child pages, means we need some rather intelligent mechanisms to keep it a
single namespace (if that's even possible).

/Christian

--
Christian Ridderstr?m, +46-8-768 39 44               http://www.md.kth.se/~chr