[Pmwiki-users] Re: the sequence for config file processing

chr@home.se chr
Fri Oct 15 09:23:15 CDT 2004

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 15, 2004 at 03:21:14PM +0200, chr at home.se wrote:
> > >     fieldwiki.php
> > >       $FarmD/pmwiki.php
> > >         $FarmD/scripts/version.php
> > >         $FarmD/local/farmconfig.php
> > >         local/config.php
> > >         $FarmD/scripts/stdconfig.php
> >
> > If this stuff isn't on some page in PmWiki, I think it should be added.
> > Perhaps to the FAQ?
>
> Oh, I think it should be added as well -- I just couldn't figure out a good
> place for it to go.

Suggestions for where to put the information:
* In a page related to documentation of how PmWiki works
* In one of the pages discussiong customizations

To be more specific (assuming the second suggsetion), put the information
on a page called for instance

	PmWiki/ConfigurationFiles

and refer to it from PmWiki/InitialSetupTasks, e.g. change the
initial paragraph to something like

	Once you have PmWiki up and running on your site (see
	PmWiki.Installation), you may want to begin customizing PmWiki for
	your particular needs. Most PmWiki customizations are performed in
	a file called local/config.php. See {{PmWiki/configuration files}}
	for more details on that topic.

and add it do DocumentationIndex. I think that should be enough.

I guess this kind of documetions is also a bit related to something that
explains the directory structure of a PmWiki installation.

/Christian

--
Christian Ridderstr?m, +46-8-768 39 44               http://www.md.kth.se/~chr