[Pmwiki-users] can i get a "live" sidebar?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday
Fri Oct 15 05:43:23 CDT 2004

  i've already figured out how i can redefine the page layout by
creating my own .tmpl file, adding it to, say,
pub/skins/rday/whatever.tmpl, and setting PageTemplateFmt to point at
it.

  what i'd *really* like is a live sidebar that collapses and expands
to keep up with my current location in the group.  that is, say i have
a group devoted to cheese, and top-level topics such as

* what is cheese?
* varieties of cheese
* where to get cheese

with each of these having numerous subpages.  now, depending on which
page i'm currently browsing, i'd like the sidebar to appear as:

* what is cheese?
* varieties of cheese
  * cheddar
    * canadian cheddar  <-- my current page
  * limburger
  * wensleydale
* where to get cheese

in short, i want the sidebar to always contain the top-level topics in
the group, with the topics being expanded *just* enough to show my
current location.  if i browse to another page, the menu will be
collapsed and expanded appropriately.

is there a simple solution to this?  did i just not see it in the
docs?  thanks.

rday