[Pmwiki-users] Cookies required for upload

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Mon Oct 11 13:12:39 CDT 2004

On Mon, Oct 11, 2004 at 08:17:48PM +0200, Pierre Rouzeau wrote:
>    I just discovered the reason, this is because having cookies
>    enabled is required, if not enabled you loop indefinitely on the
>    password request.
>    I  have  immediately  setup  a  Warning,  but  while  i know this is a
>    delicate problem, is it possible to have another solution ?

If session-based passwords (which generally wants to use cookies) isn't
working, you may be able to switch to HTTP-based authentication depending
on the configuration of your PHP installation.  Add the following to
your config.php:

   include_once('scripts/httpauth.php');

If that doesn't work, you may be able to get PHP to pass the session ID
in a URL with the following (untested):

   $ScriptUrl = '/url/to/pmwiki.php';
   ini_set('session.use_trans_sid','1');