[Pmwiki-users] Page Edit Templates

Fred Chittenden drfredc
Wed Oct 6 10:18:16 CDT 2004

The "wiki projectforum" has a "edit template" feature, if I understand you
correctly.  When you start up a new page, you can pick a template to start
editing. One template offered is a blog.

While evaluating the wikiprojectforum software, I found it's "editing
templates" to be a very nice feature, especially for newbies and in
situations where new, simple to complex wikipages might be quickly
bootstrapped from a library of templates rather than copy and pasted.

The projectforum's new page edit process also provided various button
'selections' for how one might configure a new wikipage to function.  For
example, one could create a wikiblog from scratch by selecting the
appropriate buttons when editing a new page or by selecting a blog template
from a pull down list from a library of templates.  User's could easily add
and edit their own template wiki pages to the template library, which (if I
recall correctly) were just wikipages stored in some wikigroup template.

It's a very desirable feature, IMHO.