[Pmwiki-users] Re: Re: AsSpaced function (was pmwiki-2.0.devel9 released)

chr@home.se chr
Tue Oct 5 02:12:17 CDT 2004

On 5 Oct 2004, John Rankin wrote:

> >It is probably worth a cookbook entry, but note that there is also
> >likely to be a generalized shortcut for excluding patterns and performing
> >WikiWordCounts based on patterns (in addition to individual
> >words).
> >
> >Pm
> >
> See
> http://www.pmwiki.org/pmwiki2/pmwiki.php/Cookbook/AbbreviationPlurals
>
> This gives 2 options: format them using small caps and just not
> wikifying them. And the example above should read
>
>     Markup('nowiki','>[[','/\b([[:upper:]][[:upper:]]+s)/e',
>            "Keep('$1')");

Great!  Shouldn't there be something at the end of the pattern that
indicates an 'end-of-word' there?

And it means we have a place to start add other ideas about how we could
make acronyms... hang on -- I thought this was only relevant for acronyms,
and not for abbrievations?

/Christian

--
Christian Ridderstr?m, +46-8-768 39 44               http://www.md.kth.se/~chr