[Pmwiki-users] pmwiki.org converted to 2.0.devel27

Bronwyn Boltwood arndis
Tue Nov 30 18:43:14 CST 2004

On 29 Nov 2004 18:17:51 +1300, John Rankin <john.rankin at affinity.co.nz> wrote:
> Consider a MarkupQuickReference page showing examples of all markup
> effects, while hiding the markup to produce them.
>
> If an author mouses over a particular effect, the markup to
> generate that effect displays as a tool tip. For example, if
> an author mouses over superscript (which is rendered as
> superscript text), the tooltip is '^superscript^'

Personally, I'd find that saved space at the expense of time.  I vote
for the Instiki-style two column method someone else suggested, with
markup --> effect.  When I'm busy typing an edit, I want information
at a glance instead of needing to mouse over something.

Bronwyn