[Pmwiki-users] Markup Quick Ref example (was pmwiki.org converted to 2.0.devel27)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Mon Nov 29 22:22:18 CST 2004

On Tue, Nov 30, 2004 at 03:34:49PM +1300, John Rankin wrote:

> There is a demonstration using {:text:text definition} at
> http://intranet.affinity.co.nz/pmwiki2/index.php/Main/MarkupQuickReference
>
> Comments?

I like it.  Strangely, all of the items (except the abbreviation) appear
in an italic font on my browser -- perhaps that's a function of the
default styling of the <dfn> tag?  That seems a bit confusing.

But other than that I like it a lot.  I'll probably add {:term:text definition}
to PmWiki's standard markup, along with some variation(s) that cause it to
correctly recognize when it's being used to define markup.

Did you consider using some other character in place of the second colon
to select between text definition and markup demonstration...e.g.,

   {:term:text definition}